Bishkek, Dec. 30, 2017. /Kabar/. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) of Kyrgyzstan made a list of top 10 most significant events in the country’s foreign policy for 2017. The rating of the main events of the outgoing year is published on the MFA website.
1. Positive assessment by the world community of presidential elections in Kyrgyzstan held on Oct. 15, 2017.
2. Achievements in the delimitation of Kyrgyz-Uzbek state border and the establishment of a strategic partnership between Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan.
3. Further strengthening relations of strategic partnership with the Russian Federation.
4. Progressive development and expansion of relations with China, taking into account the level of strategic partnership.
5. Kyrgyzstan's chairmanship in the Eurasian Economic Union (EEU) in 2017.
6. President A. Atambayev's participation in the 72nd session of the UN General Assembly in New York in Sept. 2017
7. New UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres’s first visit to Kyrgyzstan on June 10-11, 2017
8. Strengthening the political dialogue between Kyrgyzstan and the EU and start of negotiations with the EU on a new Agreement of in-depth partnership and cooperation between Kyrgyzstan and the EU.
9. The International Forum "Altai Civilization and Related Peoples of Altai Language Family" (July 20-22) and the International Conference "Islam in a Modern Secular State" (Sept. 28-29), initiated by President A. Atambayev
10. The Second International Forum on the Conservation of the Snow Leopard and Its Ecosystems on Aug. 25, 2017 in Bishkek.